“Most people spend more time at work than they do with their families. Our objective is to keep our employees happy. If they’re healthy and happy they’ll perform better & their personal lives will be more harmonious.”
– AGNORA President, Richard Wilson
AGNORA has taken a holistic approach to health & wellness by investing in activities and equipment that will benefit employees’ physical and mental wellbeing.
- An on-site, personal trainer with weekly 1:1 sessions, plus regular engagement in activities such as fitness & yoga classes and monthly fitness challenges.
- A full-time, on-site, registered massage therapist who focuses on neuromuscular therapy.
- A family practitioner who visits the plant once a week to see staff as needed.
- A fully equipped gym with over 30 pieces of exercise equipment, spin bikes & yoga studio
- A Wallyball court (think volleyball meets squash). The staff play in multiple tournaments throughout the year & regular informal pickup games.
- AGNORA bicycles for lunchtime cycles, and weekly guided tours.
- For mental well-being, there are indoor & outdoor lounge areas, ping pong, TVs & fireplaces in the employee rest areas.
- The AGNORA garden, where employees can take advantage of various vegetables & herbs.
- Weekly rotation of gardening duties allow employees to enjoy time in nature & also opportunity for education on healthy eating.
While our social opportunities are varied, they are generally team-based and where possible involve AGNORA employees interacting with our local community. Examples include regular Wallyball pickup games, horseshoe and bowling nights, SUP Boarding & Hiking
200 Mountain Road, Collingwood, ON
To date, AGNORA has accomplished the following results:
• Increased participation in the wellness program
• Benefits costs reduced by 25% & 0 lost-time claims
• 10% increase in the number of employees regularly visiting the on-site massage therapist
• Just under 40% of employees are having regular personal-training sessions since the trainer was hired in November 2015.
• 62% of employees visited the on-site doctor in the last year.
• Reduction in missed work as employees can often be treated on site & return to work
• Currently 95% of employees participate in at least one of these wellness or social activities.
Our goal is to continue with similar results and to increase the % of employee participation to 100%
Current and Needed Partners
EngagementThis project hopes to engage: 75 participants.
Date and Time
Start Date: 01/10/2016
Time of Day:
Project Contact: Alison Smith
Website: Visit AGNORA Employee Health & Wellness Project Website